Keenan Financial Planning
About this Policy
Privacy & Data Protection
Any personal information which you volunteer to Keenan Financial Planning will be treated strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of additional features or services. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessary, involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
We are Gavin Keenan Financial Planning Ltd. trading as Keenan Financial Planning. We are a financial services business offering advice in financial and pension matters. We are registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 498750 at the following address: Valleymount House, The Rise, Main Street, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 and registered with the Central Bank of Ireland under reference number C89233.
How we collect your information through our website and what it is used for
- For general web-browsing certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary ‘session’ cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. This information may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
- You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the ‘contact us” page, the “request a consultation page” or the “contact” pop up powered by vCita. This pop up allows you to schedule an appointment through an online calendar which asks you for your name, contact number and email address. You may also choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail, postal address or other contact details) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. In all cases we use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your enquiry, sending you a quote, providing you with information about our products and services, or to update you on your appointment time).
Your Data Protection Rights
- For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request:
- A copy of data we hold about you (Right of Access)
- That any error in data we hold about you is corrected (Right of Rectification)
- That data we hold about you be erased, unless we have a countervailing interest or legal obligation to retain it (Right of Erasure)
- That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose (Right to Restrict processing)
- A copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form to enable you to reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (Right of Data Portability)
Please send all requests in writing to The Data Protection Manager, Keenan Financial Planning, Valleymount House, The Rise, Main Street Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. We will accede to any such valid requests within 30 calendar days of the receipt of a valid request in writing. We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Sharing Your Information
We do not share your information with third parties other than as set out in this policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Insurance providers: that are party to a product you have applied for or selected through us.
- Credit referencing agencies and other insurance providers: through various databases to verify information and help us to prevent fraudulent claims.
- Service providers: We may need to share personal information with our service providers, such as where necessary to provide our services to you. These categories of providers include document destruction, document storage, document management (including mailing).
- Consent: We will share your information with a third party where you have allowed us to do so.
- Business [Transfer]: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
Where we store your personal data
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
Keenan Financial Planning retains personal data about individuals for a range of periods. The basis for our retention periods is based on our contractual obligations or industry standards. We commit to not keeping personal data for longer than is necessary and review our records on an annual basis.
The Technologies We Use
Cookies are small files containing specific information relating to your use of our website – such as login credentials; items in a shopping cart and tracking identifiers. Cookies are placed on your computer or device and are set by our web server and the web servers of third parties we use on our web site. Cookies can be read, updated or deleted by those same servers, each time you visit our web site, depending on the type of cookie it is.
Cookies which are only related to a single session (a single visit to our website) are deleted automatically when you close your web browser – these are typically considered as necessary for us to deliver the website to you and are sometimes known as session cookies.
Other cookies (such as tracking cookies or authentication cookies) are often saved for an extended period of time from days to years, known as persistent cookies.
Who sets these Cookies?
First party cookies are stored and accessed by our web server; third party cookies are stored and accessed by other organisations, such as analytics providers and advertisers.
- Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These cookies are set by our analytics providers and allow us to record certain information about you, such as the pages you visit on our website, how many times you visit our website, and links you might click on. Furthermore, when you connect to our analytics provider in order for them to set the cookie – they may also collect other information about you such as your geographical location; your IP address; what type of device you are using and various information about the device. This information can be used to create a unique fingerprint to help further identify you on other websites you might visit and can be used to create a profile of your online activities and interests.
- Marketing Cookies: Cookies may be set by marketing providers are used for the purpose of tracking your online activities to create a profile and give us a better understanding of your interests.
Details on Non-Essential Cookies
These are used for other business purposes which are not considered necessary to deliver the website to you.
|Cookie/Tracker Request||Who can store and access the cookie?||What is the cookie used for?|
|_gid||Google Analytics||For the purpose of analyzing the use of our website|
|Google Analytics||For the purpose of analyzing the use of our website|
|_vcita_session||VCita||For purpose of maintaining a chat/appointment session|
|AWSELB||Captain Form||Performance analysis – used for contact form, seamless performance|
|Pixel.wp.com||WordPress||Visitor stats & site analytics|
Embedded Social Media
|Cookie/Tracker Request||Who can store and access the cookie?||What is the cookie used for?|
|Facebook Connect||Facebook Connect is a single sign-on application which allows users to interact on other websites through their Facebook account.|
Other (Third Party Requests)
|Cookie/Tracker Request||Who can store and access the technology||What is the technology used for?|
|_cfduid||Cloudflare||Identify individual users on shared IP addresses|
|Photo||Gravatar.com||Allows host photo to appear on variety of the web pages|
|Maps||For the purpose of embedding google maps|
|fonts.googleapis.com||Google Fonts||Use of fonts on website|
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures including encryption, virus protection, staff training, secured premises, password protection and other industry standard information security practices. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal policy and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.